You won’t believe it, but what we usually prepare for breakfast from the remaining boiled potatoes from dinner, throwing it in a sherpa and pouring eggs is a national Spanish dish. Just very quickly and carelessly executed.
Do not resist, saying: and so delicious! What we’ve shown is a way to finish a meal without choking. And a tortilla is a way to enjoy life. Moreover, it is very often served as tapas – a traditional appetizer snack.
In Spain, tortillas can be tried not only in tapas bars, but can also be bought in any supermarket. But homework is much better and there is nothing to say. By the way, maybe because the Spaniards do not cook potatoes in such quantities as in Russia, the Spaniards do not see their national omelette as a way of eating. This is an independent dish that makes a decent dinner with pan-tomato and jam. And the fillers are different. Although I didn’t notice much variety on the shelves: with potatoes, with onions and with potato onions. Anyway, conservatives would know that we invest in our eggs!
So, we try to cook a real Spanish tortilla with potatoes and onions .
Cooking time , just do not pass out: 40 minutes .
Ingredients (for how many people, I will not say, everyone will understand fried eggs):
- 6 eggs;
- 2 medium onions (250 g);
- 3 medium potatoes;
- 150 ml of olive oil (it will be greasy, you can cut it, but a real tortilla is…);
- with (note – without pepper).
1. Peel the potatoes and cut them into slices no thicker than 3 mm.
2. It is better to take a pan of medium depth with a good anti-stick coating, pour two thirds of cooked oil into it. Put the potatoes in the previously heated (but not heated!) Oil and fry for about 15 minutes on low heat, covered with a lid. Potatoes must not be defended.
3. Peel an onion, cut it into 4 parts and chop finely. Add to the potatoes. Continue to fry until the onion is clear. Already in the phase of readiness of the onion – with.
4. Place the potatoes and onions in the filling, carefully place on a deep plate, and allow the oil to drain. We use its surplus in the future.
5. In a deep bowl, beat 6 eggs. Put potatoes with onions in the eggs and mix lightly.
6. Pour the oil under the fried potatoes into the sherpa and heat. Expose our mixture. The height of the tortilla should be 3-4 cm.
7. First fry, gently stirring the mixture with a wooden spatula, because it starts to stick more and more – stop mixing.
8. The most delicious moment is a reversal. To do this, cover the pan with a flat (and large enough so as not to burn your fingers) plate and turn the pan over with our scrambled eggs. Pour 1/3 of the first oil left in the sherpa and lightly spread with tortilla, transferring from the plate. Fry slowly: pay attention: the correct, real tortilla is not very bad and is not dry.
Eat a tortilla hot or cold. It can be cut into squares and served as a tapas for an aperitif at a Spanish-style party, along with olives, jamon and other snacks.
Good appetite! Or Buen provecho , as they say in Spain.